Bearing a rather scary name, but in fact, dead sea salt is the great "friend" that nature gives to the skin of women.
Since time immemorial, dead sea salt has become an ingredient praised and favored by people. Salt from the Dead Sea is famous for its amazing therapeutic and therapeutic properties. Ancient people often applied dead sea salt in the treatment of symptoms related to skin and bones. Not stopping there, this natural ingredient also possesses a miraculous beauty effect. This is one of the skin care ingredients that Queen Cleopatra loves very much. Nowadays, famous cosmetic brands have also tried to put dead sea salt into their products.
So, what beauty secrets are hidden in pristine white salt? In this article, let's travel with ELLE to the Dead Sea and learn about this miraculous beauty ingredient.
Salt from the Dead Sea brings miracles to your skin? Ảnh: Getty Image.
ORIGIN OF THE DEATH SALT
The Dead Sea is a salt lake between Jordan and Israel. With a salinity of 34.2%, the Dead Sea is one of the saltiest waters in the world. When referring to the history of dead sea salt, it is impossible not to mention Queen Cleopatra. She believed that sea salt possessed miraculous healing and beauty. Therefore, the queen has acquired the area around the Dead Sea to be able to make the most of these benefits. Cleopatra applies dead sea salt to its beauty regimen. She even built pharmaceutical and cosmetic clinics around the sea. This is the place for the guests to experience the therapy from sea salt.
WHAT MAKES THE DEATH SALT IN SPECIAL?
Research shows that minerals contained in dead sea salt are 10 times higher than ordinary sea salt. These minerals bring many benefits to your skin. Here are the minerals contained in sea salt and the use of each substance:
- Magnesium: Detoxifies and cleans the epidermis. Magnesium has the ability to promote cellular metabolism and heal inflamed or damaged skin.
- Calcium: Promotes skin growth and renewal, moisturizes through balancing sebum and stimulating antioxidant production.
- Sodium: Cleanses and exfoliates the skin, while neutralizing free radicals.
- Zinc: Heals and rejuvenates the skin, treating acne. In addition, sodium helps protect lipid cells and fibroblasts that produce collagen.
- Potassium: Moisturises and helps to keep the skin full of vitality, soothing the symptoms of facial swelling.
- Sulfur: Clearing pores, anti-fungal and bacteria that cause inflammation.
Abundant mineral content makes the difference of dead sea salt. Photo: Unsplash.
With the above abundant minerals, you can put this ingredient into your skin care process with the following uses:
- Kill death celk.
- Soothe skin problems like allergies, eczema and psoriasis.
- Replenishes moisture to skin.
- Cleans the pores.
- Against free radicals that cause aging.
- Soothe symptoms of joint and muscle pain.
SECRETS TOGETHER WITH SALT
- Exfoliating for the skin: Dissolve a handful of sea salt in warm water. Then gently rub the salt on your face to remove dirt, grease and dead skin.
- Smoothing feet skin: Soak your feet in warm water mixed with salt. Then use foot scrub products to remove the rough dead skin on the foot.
- Exfoliating the body: During the shower, you can add a massage step with sea salt. Apply salt to the skin, then gently massage the neck, shoulders, arms and legs.
- Relax with a salt bath: If you have a bath, try taking a bath in sea salt baths. This method not only helps you relax after a tiring day of work, but also helps your skin feel smoother. To use, dissolve up to 500gr of dead sea salt in warm water. Soak for about 20 minutes.
- Famous brands of dead sea salt cosmetics: AHAVA, Dead Sea Premier Cosmetics, Natural Sea Beauty.
- In Vietnam, they can also look to cosmetic brands such as Seacret, Aqua Mineral or -417.